Two small corrections for our last post–an a fuller invitation for Saturday October 9.
The address of the LARDNERS for the Meet & Greet is 175 Amity. The Invitation is below–and attached as a pdf.
You are invited to an outdoor yard/porch neighborhood get together for
District 3 Council Member
Saturday: October 9th, 2-4 p.m.
At A.J. and Tom Lardner’s
175 Amity Street
Come learn about Amherst town government, town issues
Opportunity to ask questions and meet new neighbors
Coffee, tea, apple cider, & cookies will be served
2nd error: The time for in-person voting on election day begins at 7 AM.
ELECTION DAY. DISTRICT 3 VOTES IN THE AMHERST REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL 7:00 AM—8:00PM IN PERSON
REMEMBER, you get as many votes as there are seats–2 each per district and 3 for At-large candidates.
On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 3:43 PM Councilor Dorothy Pam <email@example.com> wrote:
Dorothy Pam September 30, 2021
Amherst Town Councilor for District 3
Member Finance and CRC (Community Resources Committee)
pamD@amhertma.gov (official email)
VoteforDorothy3@gmail.com (campaign email)
IMPORTANT ZOOM MEETING WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 6TH at 6:00 pm
DEMOLITION & DORM CONSTRUCTION
UMass Staff & Representatives from the developer Balfour Beatty will present the plans for the new undergraduate dorm on Mass Avenue & the demolition of Lincoln Apartments for graduate student housing
[ https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/j/95290360806 ]
Do your best to attend this meeting where we will all find out what is in store for our neighborhood and how this will impact us.
- CALENDAR OF UPCOMING EVENTS (meetings are on Zoom unless otherwise specified)
- Sun Oct 3 – Precinct 10 Neighborhood Brunch 11:00—1:00 at the Pam’s, backyard at 229 Amity Street. IN PERSON
- Wed Oct 6 – UMass meeting on demolition and construction of dorms on Lincoln and Mass Avenues 6:00pm (zoom link above!)
- Sat Oct 9 – MEET& GREET for Dorothy Pam at the Lardner’s yard/porch at 75 Amity Street 2:00—4:00. IN PERSON
- Sun Oct 10 – League of Women Voters forum on District 3 Candidates: Dorothy Pam, Jennifer Taub, George Ryan, 2:00
- Wed Oct 13 – Conservation Commission Hearing on the TAN BROOK, 7:00.
- Sun Oct 17 – DISTRICT 3 COMMUNITY MEETING at the Woodbury Room of the Jones Library 2:00—4:30 with Town Councilors Dorothy Pam and George Ryan. IN PERSON. Updates on all our local news!
- Thurs Oct 21 – TSO (Town Services & Outreach) 5:30. Deliberation on Parking Plan for Lincoln Avenue put forward by Councilors Ryan and Pam
- Mon Oct 25 – Early Voting Begins, 1st floor meeting room Town Hall 8:30am—4:00pm IN PERSON. See Town website for more information on voting by mail.
- Tues Nov 2 – ELECTION DAY. DISTRICT 3 VOTES IN THE AMHERST REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL 8:00 AM—8:00PM IN PERSON
See Town of Amherst MA webpage for information on other important meetings
Town Council Oct 4, 18, 25 6:30pm
CRC (Community Resources Committee) Oct 12, 26 2:00—4:00pm
Finance Committee Oct 19 2:00—3:30pm